This product in the form of solid tablets is not an inhalation hazard. However, if dust is created and inhaled, inhalation of this material in dust or vapour form is irritating to the nose, mouth, throat and lungs. It may also cause burns to the respiratory tract with the production of lung edema which can result in shortness of breath, wheezing, choking, chest pain, and impairment of lung function.
Chronic (repeated) inhalation exposure may result in permanent lung damage. Toxic by inhalation (dust).
DRY MATERIAL CAUSES MODERATE SKIN IRRITATION. WET MATERIAL CAUSES SKIN BURNS.
Dermal exposure to dry material causes moderate skin irritation characterized by redness and swelling. Dermal exposure to wet material can cause severe irritation and/or burns characterized by redness, swelling and scab formation. Prolonged skin exposure may cause permanent damage.
Repeated skin exposure may cause tissue destruction due to the corrosive nature of the product.
CAUSES BURNS TO EYES. Severe irritation and/or burns can occur following eye exposure. Contact may cause impairment of vision and corneal damage.
Toxic if swallowed. CAUSES BURNS TO DIGESTIVE TRACT. Irritation and/or burns can occur to the entire gastrointestinal tract, including the stomach and intestines, characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, bleeding and/or tissue ulceration. Ingestion causes severe damage to the gastrointestinal tract with the potential to cause perforation.
Acute Target Organ:
This product is corrosive to all tissues contacted upon inhalation, may cause irritation to mucous membranes and respiratory tract. The dry material is irritating to the skin. However when wet, it will
produce burns to the skin.