It is important to know what type of lining you have, and to follow the pool builders instructions when filling your pool
Follow these steps…
- Place the garden hose in the deep end of the pool, making sure to tie a cloth over the end of the hose to diffuse the water pressure. Switch the hose on and fill the pool until the water level reaches the middle of the entrance to the weir. The colour of the pool water will be greenish - this is normal.
- Test and correct the pH level to 7.2 – 7.6.
- In the early evening, add 2 cups of HTH® Granular for every 10 000 liters of pool water. In the case of vinyl and fibreglass linings, add HTH® Granular via the weir. Do not allow any swimming at this stage
- Filter continuously for 24 hours. After 12 hours test and correct if necessary. Continue filtering until the 24 hour cycle is completed.
- Unless you have a marbelite lining, you may now connect the automatic pool cleaner. If you have a new marbelitepool, you will need to wait for 28 days before connecting the automatic pool cleaner.
- Check the Total Alkalinity and adjust between 80 - 120 ppm.
- To prevent premature deterioration of the pool lining and equipment, it may be necessary to add Calcium chloride/flakes to your water. Check with your Pool Builder if this is necessary.
- Continue with normal filtration and chlorination. Swimmers may enter the water when the chlorine residual is between 1 - 3ppm
- Filling your pool can take a long time, so make sure that start far enough in advance
- If you use borehole water to fill your pool, there is a chance that metals may be present in the water. use HTH® Metal Remover to prevent possible staining