There are four types of pool linings – fibreglass, marbelite, chip-tile and vinyl lined pools
How to find out what pool linings you have?
Here is a simple way to determine what type of pool lining you have…
- A marbelitepool has a gunite or marbelite lining on top of its concrete shell. The lining is porous and rough to the touch
- A fibreglass lining can be applied to previously gunite or marbelite pools, or exists in premoulded factory build pools. The lining is less porous than on a marbelite and is smooth to the touch
- Vinyl pool linings are plastic
- Chip tile pool linings are similar to marbelite pools in nature but are decorated with with tiles.
- Different pool linings may require that you add only certain types of pool chemicals, and add the pool chemicals in different ways
- Take note of directions on packaging when selecting pool chemicals and before adding them to your pool