In general, we recommend that you filter for
• 12 hours per day in summer, and
• 6-8 hours per day in winter
Adjust your summer filtering hours to suit your pool size…
In winter, you can reduce the filtering hours by half.
Filtering times measured in Hours
Filter Size:2 Bag
Pump Size: 0.6kw
Filter Size: 3 Bag
Pump Size: 0.75kw
Filter Size: 4 Bag
Pump Size: 1.1kw
Ave pool size = 50,000L, 0,75kW pump and 3 bag filter.
Filtering hours in summer = 8 hours, in winter = 4 hours
How to find out what pump size you have?
- Just take a look on the actual pump you have.
- It will indicate the kW of the actual pump.
- Then based on the volume of water your pool holds, use the table above to find out the correct amount of hours you should filter for per day.