Directions for use:
(Based on a 50 000l pool)
Use only as directed.
To Lower pH
- pH should be kept between 7.2 – 7.6 to ensure effective sanitation, avoid eye and skin irritation and prevent damage to pool linings and equipment.
- Test pH level using HTH Quick Test Strips or HTH 4 in1 Test kit.
- With the filter running, add 250g (½ capful) of HTH® Dry Acid around the sides if the pool.
- Filter for 3-4 hours, test and readjust pH if necessary.
- If pH is still too high, continue to adjust down until within the required range of 7.2 -7.6
NB: Never add more than 500grams at a time.
In the case of a vinyl or colored lining, pre-dissolve HTH® Dry Acid in a bucket of water before adding to the pool.
To lower Total Alkalinity (TA)
- Switch the pump off
- Add 1KG of HTH® Dry Acid diluted in 5 liters of water, then Pour into one spot in the deep end of the pool.
- Leave the pump off for 15 minutes
- Switch the pump on and continue with normal filtration. Check the TA level after 12 hours.
- If necessary, repeat the process until the ideal range is reached
NB: Never add more than 1KG of HTH® Dry Acid at any one time. 1KG drops TA by 10ppm in 50 000l