Directions for use:
(Based on a 50 000l pool)
Use only as directed.
To Lower pH
NB: In the case of a vinyl or colored lining, pre-dissolve HTH® Easy Acid in a bucket of water before adding to the pool.
- pH should be kept between 7.2 – 7.6 to ensure effective sanitation, avoid eye and skin irritation and prevent damage to pool linings and equipment.
- Test pH level using HTH Quick Test Strips or HTH 4 in1 Test kit.
- With the filter running, add 250ml (½ capful) of HTH® Easy Acid around the sides if the pool.
- Filter for 3-4 hours, test and readjust pH if necessary.
- If pH is still too high, continue to adjust down until within the required range of 7.2 -7.6
NB: Never add more than 500ml of HTH® Easy Acid at any one time.
- To lower Total Alkalinity (TA).
- Switch the pump off.
- Pre-dissolved 1liter of HTH® Easy Acid in 5 liters if water. Pour into one spot in the deep end of the pool.
- Leave the pump off for 15 minutes.
- Switch the pump on and continue with normal filtration. Check the TA level after 12 hours.
- If necessary, repeat the process until the ideal range is reached.
NB: Never add more than 1liter of HTH® Easy Acid at any one time, 1liter drops TA by 10ppm in 50 000l
- Test and correct Total Alkalinity (TA) to within the required range of 80 – 120ppm.
- Test pH using HTH® Quick Test Strips or HTH® 4-in-1 Test Kit.
- Refer to table below for correct quantity to dose. Never add more than 500ml at any one time.
- With the filter running, pour around the sides of the pool.
- After 3 – 4 hours, test and readjust pH if necessary.